Gov information Center
The Genetic and Rare Diseases (GARD) Information Center is a program of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) and funded by two parts of the National Institutes of Health (NIH): NCATS and the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). GARD provides the public with access to current, reliable, and easy to understand information about rare or genetic diseases in English or Spanish.
Who can GARD help with information?
- People who have rare or genetic diseases.
- Parents, family members, and friends of someone with a rare or genetic disease.
- Doctors, nurses, genetic counselors, other health care providers, social workers, and teachers who work with people with rare or genetic diseases.
- Scientists who are studying rare or genetic diseases and need information for their research or for people taking part in studies.
- Community leaders who are helping people find resources about rare or genetic diseases.
- Advocacy groups who want up-to-date disease information for their Web sites.
- Members of the general public who want to learn more about a rare or genetic disease.
Where should I start my search for information on a rare or genetic disease?
Visit the Diseases section of our site to search for a disease. Each disease has its own Web page, where Information Specialists post the answers to questions GARD has received.
Check the GARD Web pages for the following and more:
- Questions answered by GARD Information Specialists.
- Links to resources where you can find more information.
- Information about genetic testing and genetic services.
- Scientific conferences that have been sponsored by NIH.
- Organizations that provide information and support.
- Information about research studies and clinical trials.
- FDA-approved medications for rare diseases.
Where does GARD get information?
Information Specialists search the following and more:
- NIH resources.
- Medical textbooks.
- Journal articles.
- Web sites.
- Advocacy groups’ literature and services.
- Medical databases.
You might also like
Mobile Application (Tietronix Software)
What information is available at the Tennessee Gov website?
The Tennessee Government website has tabs at the top of the page to direct you to News and Alerts, Residents, Business, Government, Employment, Services,Governor, Directory, and Help.
Where can I find information on TN Gov in?
One can find information on TN Gov on the official website of the Tennessee Government. They have information about all services they provide including healthcare, education and legal.